Wednesday, December 15, 2010

US tourism declines due to TSA fascist practices -- Solution: an ad campaign

US Response To Massive Decline In Foreign Travelers: Keep Crazy Policies, But Set Up Ad Campaign

The [Corporation for Travel Promotion] board members say every state needs the power of the U.S. brand to make people visit

My comment on the Commerce Department Web site regarding the CTP:
You can run all the slick ads showing Graceland, Disney World and Sunset Boulevard -- I'm not traveling to the U.S.

Between your full body scanning machines and "enhanced pat downs", I'm not going to spend a nickel to undergo such humiliating treatment at the hands of pro-fascist totalitarians.

"But the terrorists!" you screech. "Security!"

Bullshit.

Michael Chertoff sold you on those lousy, unproven scanners -- for which the TSA won't release the full health impact studies.

And what about that poor teenager who apparently stowed away on an N.C. to Boston flight?

Where's the security there, that a distraut teenager could gain access not only to a supposedly secured area, but could approach and stowaway on the plane?

My family and I must either be photographed naked or be groped by your TSA in order to visit Disney World?

Forget it.

So, roll out the ads. Give some agency a fat contract.

I don't care if your ads are written by George Bernard Shaw and shot by Akira Kurosawa -- I refuse to subject myself and my family to a totalitarian regime. End of story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here!

To each and everyone:

"The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God."
- John F. Kennedy

Taishyr said...

Speaking as an American who has to factor in these stupid policies:

Preach it. I sincerely hope that as few foreign travelers come here as possible and cite these as reasons. This is just maddening on my end.